The directions below detail how to make A record and CNAME changes on a Windows Server 2003 and 2008.
To edit an Host (A) resource record in the Windows Interface
- Open DNS Manager
- In the console tree click on the applicable forward lookup zone
- Right click on the host(A) record you would like to edit and select Properties
- In the IP Address field change the IP address listed to the update IP address
- Click Apply and OK
To add an alias (CNAME) resource record to a zone using the Windows interface Open DNS Manager.
- In the console tree, right-click the applicable forward lookup zone, and then click New Alias (CNAME).
- In Alias name, type the alias name.
In Fully qualified domain name (FQDN) for target host, type the FQDN of the DNS host computer for which this alias is to be used.
- Click OK to add the new record to the zone.
To open DNS Manager, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click DNS.