4Schools Groups can be used to grant permissions to the resources within a category/subcatetory. This provides an easy, quick way to grant these permissions.
A reminder: There are two groups within the 4Schools system. They are:
- 4Schools Groups provide a way to mass email passwords and to designate access to resources within WebOffice4Schools. This document will cover 4Schools Groups.
- CMS4Schools Groups allow the flexibility of creating custom staff directory lists for web pages. Information regarding CMS4Schools Groups is available on our Support Site.
Sign in to 4Schools
Depending on which 4Schools applications your district uses, you will see a corresponding icons within the 4Schools welcome window. Near the top right, click on Users Database to begin setting up 4Schools Groups.
A list of existing 4Schools Groups displays, with an** + Add Group **link near the top left. Click on the link.
The newly created group will display in alphabetical order along with the rest of the 4Schools Groups.
To set up permissions for the group, click on the WebOffice4Schools sub-categories link.
- Use the two boxes at the top to include or remove users from this group.
- Choose permissions for each category/sub-category. Radio buttons provide the ability to choose subcategories while links labeled All None, All Read, and All Read/Write are available to designate a category all at once.
- When finished, click Save.
Multiple Resource Locations
When resources are added to a sub-category, they have the same designation as existing resources.