Banners are the wide area at the top of your webpages and typically contain graphics and text. The Banner Graphics Library is used to hold all the banner graphics that you will
be using on your web site.
Accessing the Banner Library
Within the left navigation menu of the Main Web site Administration page, click on Banner Library. Permission to access this component are given within the Users Database. If Banner Library is not shown, contact your website administrator.
Understanding The Banner Library Page
The Banner Library displays all previously uploaded banners. In this example, two banners are listed.
- Title: A descriptive label assigned to each banner.
- Page View/Category: The View link displays the banner. Banners can be assigned to a category, allowing for more organization of these graphics. In the above example, only the Wellness banner has been categorized.
- Apply To Pages: See following screenshot for more details.
- Update: Takes you to a screen that allows edits to an existing banner.
- Delete: A window asking if you are sure you want to delete the banner displays. Also indicated are the number of pages currently using the banner. Finally you must choose a replacement banner for those pages if you choose to delete it.
Adding a Banner
In the top middle of the Banner Library Page in previous screen shot, click Add Banner. The above screen shot will display.
- Enter a descriptive Banner Title.
- Check the box(es) if this to be the Default Banner or be a Random Banner.
- Choose the Page Category this banner will belong to. Note: choosing a page category is only necessary if you have any pages that have "Random Banner From This Page's Category" selected for the page. Use the Update link in the Navigation Builder to see what banner option is set for the page.
- Browse to locate the file. Files must be jpg, gif, png, or swf files and no wider than 955 pixels. Dimensions must be added for swf files.
- Click Add.
Applying Banner to Pages
Once a banner has been uploaded, it can be applied to multiple pages by Main Categories or Faculty Groups.
The bottom check box allows this banner to be applied to pages that do not currently have a banner.
Finally, click Apply Banner.
Inside Banners are very similar to the Banner Library, but they may only be assigned to one page at a time. Is there anything else different about them??
To access this area, click on Inside Banner Library along the left menu bar. A similar screen to the one shown above will display.
- Add Inside Banner Graphic takes you to a window where you can choose and label the graphic to be used as a banner. Your graphic must be a .jpg or .gif or .png file. If your photo is wider than 758 pixels, it will be scaled down accordingly.
- View displays the graphic.
- Update is similar to the Add window, allowing changes to be made to an existing banner.
- Delete is only available if the banner has not be applied to any pages.