The Faculty List from Faculty Database tool can be used to display a staff directory on your school’s website. This tool pulls the directory information from the Users Database. When a new user is added, they can automatically be displayed in the staff directory.
Within the Users Database, groups can be created and faculty/staff can be assigned to them. Each faculty member can belong to any number of groups. This allows him or her to maintain a single website and yet appear in multiple areas on the school website. A few sample groups are; elementary staff, high school teachers, and bus drivers just to name a few. You are able to display all staff members on a page or any grouping of your total staff. When displaying staff, you can include (or leave out) the following:
- Staff pictures, phone extensions, email accounts, titles, etc.
- Faculty web page links
- A staff search utility
Access Main Body of page
In the CMS4Schools Main Website Administration Navigation Builder click on the Main Body content of the page where the Faculty List tool will be displayed.
Note: If no Right Side tools are used, the Main Body will use the full width of the page except for the left side navigation links. When tools are added to the Right Side, all tools in the Main Body will automatically resize to optimally fit the smaller width of the Main Body area.
Add Faculty Listing Tool
Within Navigation Builder Home, go to the Main Body content of the page you wish to display the faculty listing.
- Add Tool to this page: Select Faculty List From Faculty Database from the list
- After: Choose the position of the tool. The default is at the bottom of the page. The first tool added will only have the "Place at top of page" option. When there is more than one tool, select the item you want to add the tool after.
- Select Add to open the Edit Faculty List screen
Edit Faculty List
- Display Type
- Faculty List Display: Select either 1 Column - Tabular Format, 1 Column - Profile Format, or 2 Columns - Profile Format
- Name Display: Select either Last Name, First Name or First Name, Last Name
- Details to Display: Select the details that the Faculty List should display. The options include; Photo, Title, Email Address (strongly advise the use of CAPTCHA to protect email from spammers and email harvesting if displaying email addresses), Email Form, Phone Number, and Website Link.
- Faculty to Display: Select the Faculty Groups/Individuals to include this Faculty List. If no Faculty groups, or Individuals, are selected, then all Faculty will be listed.
- Search, Sort Order, and Grouping
- Search Result: Select if a search field is available and if the number of faculty matching the search criteria is displayed.
- Sort Order: Alphabetical
- Group Criteria: Select if "OR" or "AND" group criteria should be used
Faculty List from Faculty Database: Display Type 2 Columns - Profile Format
Faculty List from Faculty Database: Display Type 1 Column - Tabular Format
Faculty List from Faculty Database: Display Type 1 Column - Profile Format
If the Include Search option is checked, the above will display enabling users to navigate through your faculty listing. It is recommended to use this feature if your database is large.
Edit an Existing Faculty List
To edit an existing Faculty Listing tool, locate the tool on the webpage and click Edit the Faculty Listing Properties. The Edit Faculty List screen will open.
Change Position - allows the placement of the faculty listing to be switched with other tools on the page.
Move - allows the faculty listing to be moved to another page within the website.
Preview- displays the page as a user would see it.
Delete - removes the tool.