CMS4Schools integrates with Google Analytics to allow you to get a complete view of your website and understand how people use your site, so you can take action to improve their experience. Visit the Google Analytics Benefits page to learn more about what Google Analytics.
A Google account is necessary to access Google Analytics. To create an account or sign in to an existing one, go to Google Marketing Platform Analytics.
Note: We recommend using a generic email (such as a webadmin or info email) that isn't connected to a user to be connected to your Google Analytics account to prevent issues accessing the account in the future. Your Google Analytics Admin will be able to grant additional users permissions to read, collaborate, and edit the Google Analytics account.
Create an Account
At the top right, click Start for Free. On the next screen, select Sign Up and follow the steps provided in the Get started with Analytics article.
Sign in to Analytics
Select Sign In to access your google analytics account.
The Find your way around Analytics article from google is a good resource for understanding where the main reporting tools and controls are located.
The Guided Tours article help introduce all of the Google Analytics features by going through the tours of each topic in their demo account.
Set up a Property
View the Analytics Help article for complete instructions on creating a new property.
- Select Admin
- In the ACCOUNT column, use the menu to select the account to which you want to add the property.
- In the PROPERTY column, click +Create Property.
If you don't have Edit permission on the account, you won't see the +Create Property option.
- Select the Web option and then Continue.
- Enter a name for the property. We recommend setting this to your organization name (ex Forest Area School District).
- Enter the website URL using HTTPS.
Enter the domain name, with no characters following the name (e.g., www.mydomain.com, not www.mydomain.com/).
- Select the industry category. Google uses this information when you choose to share benchmarking data.
- Select the reporting time zone. Analytics uses this as the day boundary for your reports regardless of where the data originates.
Select Create. If prompted, accept the Analytics Terms of Service and the Data Processing Amendment and select Finish.
After you've created the property, it will need to be added to your site before it will begin to collect data.
Don't forget to contact CMS4Schools Support with your properties Tracking ID (i.e. UA-########-#) and google login email so that a CMS4Schools representative can complete the setup. Data will then be available within Google Analytics within 24-48 hours.
Using Google Analytics
Visit the Google Analytics Academy to learn analytics with free online courses.
Visit the Google Analytics Help Center if you have any questions about using Google Analytics.
- Get Started with Analytics
- Find your way around Analytics
- Manage and configure Analytics
- Google Analytics Home
- Audience Reports
- Behavior Reports