The Mini Calendar Tool is available only on the Right Side bar. It pulls events from the CMS4Schools or Calendar4Schools Calendar Admin, displaying all or selected calendar categories in a monthly (dates with events are bold and underlined and link to events) or list view.
Accessing the Right Side Bar
In the Navigation Builder click on the Right link of the page where the Mini Calendar (you had Announcements)Tool will be displayed. If no Right Side tools are used, the Main Body will use the full width of the page except for the left side navigation links. When tools are added to the Right Side, all tools in the Main Body will automatically resize to optimally fit the smaller width of the Main Body area.
Adding the Mini Calendar Tool
- Select Mini Calendar from the Add Tool to Right Side: drop down list.
- Choose the position of the tool on the Right Side. The default is at the top of the page. The item showing in the drop down list should be the tool that should display directly above the tool being added. The first tool added will only have the "Place at top of page" in the drop down.
- Choose whether or not to use a line to separate the individual tools add to the Right Side. See image below this text.
- Click the Add button.
Setting the Properties of the Mini Calendar Tool
- Default View for Results Page: - Choose Calendar View or List View. This is the format in which the events will be displayed after clicking on a link in the tool.
- Default Date Range: - Choose from Current Month, All Events or a Date Range where you set the beginning and ending date. All three of these choices apply only to the List View.
- Show Mini Calendar: - Displays small monthly calendar. Dates that have events will be underlined and a link to the event.
- Show Category for Results Range: - Individual events will display the calendar category to which they belong.
- Strike-Through for Canceled Events: - This option is only active if an rSchools athletic synchronization feed is set up for the district.
- Display Links: - Display individual links to each calendar category selected or provides a single link, that you title, and displays the calendar events without a filter displaying all selected categories or no link is displayed under the Mini Calendar. Do not use the "No Link" option without the Mini Calendar.
- CMS4Schools Calendar Categories: - Choose which calendar categories of events the tool will display. NOTE: If you also use Calendar4Schools there will be a choice of all or selected categories from Calenda4Schools.
- Update: - Saves the changes.
Understanding the Mini Calendar Tool Options
- edit - Enter a tool heading, make tool active/inactive, schedule a status change fro active to in active or vice versa
- Edit Mini Calendar's Properties - Links to the Edit Mini Calendar screen as seen in the previous screen shot.
- Change Position - Change the order in which the tools will appear on the Right Side Bar.
- Move - Change the location of this Mini-Calendar Tool to another page in the main website or to a new page. Should we mention it can only be moved to another Right Side? Or is that not true? Joanne
- Preview - Preview the page
- Delete - Delete the tool from the page
Screen Shots of the Mini Calendar Tool in the Right Side Bar of a Web Page
Mini Calendar with "No Link" shown above.