Do you have a level 1 page that is empty because all the content really belongs on the level 2 and 3 pages? Have you thought that it would look better if there were links to the other pages in this section but don't really want to take time to create all the links? The instant solution is the Sitemap tool! Read on and see how to add this to your web page.
Adding a Sitemap Tool
In your Navigation Builder, either add a new page or go to the existing page where you want to place the Sitemap and click on the Main Body link.
- Add Tool to this page: Use the drop down list to select the Sitemap tool.
- after: Use the second drop down list to position the Sitemap tool on the page.
- Add: Click the Add button
Choosing the Pages to Display
You may add the Site Map for your entire website, any page category, or individual pages.
- Use the Select All Page Categories link to add the Site Map for the entire main website. This will not include faculty pages.
- Click the "+" in front of Expand All Page Categories to display all the individual pages in every category. The display will look similar to the bottom section of the screenshot but all of the categories will be expanded.
- Click the "+" in front of an individual category to expand a single category. Click the "-" in front of Expand All Page Categories or in front of an individual page category to collapse the list of pages.
- To include all the pages in a single page category, check the box in the colored bar.
- To include the pages of a level 1 page and all of its level 2 and 3 pages, select the radio button in the first column for the page that is the starting point. That page and all those level 2 and 3 pages below it will display in the site map. You are allowed to click more than one radio button allowing you to include multiple groups of pages.
- To include only a specific page(s) click the radio button(s) for the page(s) in the second column.
Click the Update button at tne bottom of the screen to save your selection.