Upcoming Events is a calendar tool that pull events from all or selected calendar categories into a table format on the right side bar. Its best feature is the ability to display events from today and a selected number of days into the future. Once the current date is past the events for yesterday's date are automatically removed from the tool and then another days events added to the end of the table.
Add the Upcoming Events Tool to the Right Side Bar
Log into your main Website Admin or Faculty Admin.
- From your Navigation Builder click on the Right Side Bar link for the page where you will add the Upcoming events tool. Select Upcoming Events from the first drop down list and then choose the position of the tool in the second drop down list. Click the Add button.
Setting the Properties of the Upcoming Events Tool
- Select the number of days to display calendar events. The drop down list includes selections from three months in the past to one year in the future.
- For clients using rSchools and syncing rSchools events to their website calendar. When the box is checked, the default, canceled rSchools events will display in the calendar with a strike-through format.
- When the yes radio button is checked, events from calendar categories that were given a custom color will have a color block in that color displayed in front of the event title. See the screen shot below.
- Source of Events: CMS4Schools is the default. If you are using Calendar4Schools you can choose it as the source of the events.
- Depending on the radio button selected in the previous step, either CMS4Schools or Calendar4Schools will show here. Select "All Categories" or "Selected Categories." If "Selected Categories" is chosen a series for check boxes will display showing all of the calendar categories in your Calendar Admin. Check the boxes of the categories that should display on this page.
- Click the Update button to save your settings.
Updating an Upcoming Events Tool
- edit - Enter a tool heading, make tool active/inactive, schedule a status change from active to inactive or vice versa
- Edit Upcoming Events Tool Properties - Returns you to the Edit Upcoming Events screen seen in the second screen shot. Make changes as desired. Be sure to click the Update button to save your changes.
- Move - Change the location of this tool to another page in the main website or to a new page.
- Preview - Preview the page
- Delete - Delete the tool from the page