Signup sheets allow you to assign a reservation calendar to specific facilities or resources such as computer labs, conference rooms, audio/video equipment and much more. Staff members can see what times the facility / resource is available and can add, edit and delete their own reservations but not those of other staff members.
A 4-minute video describing how to use the signup sheet section is found at http://files.cms4schools.com/cal4s/signupsheets.html
What you see on the Signup Sheet screen:
- Building drop-down list - Signup sheets are attached to a building when they are created by a Calendar Admin in the Toolbox section. So the first thing you do is select the building where the resource is located that you wish to reserve.
- Signup Sheet drop-down list - Select the desired signup sheet from the second drop-down list. The name of the selected sheet will show in the center of the gray bar between the drop-down lists and the Week/Month buttons. The individual signup sheets are created in the Toolbox section by a Calendar Admin.
- Week/Month - Change the signup sheet view from the entire month to a single week or visa versa.
- Print/PDF - See next screen shot
Check the box if you want to include descriptions in the printout.
This button will print the calendar in HTML format
This button will create a PDF of the calendar that can be printed (without the HTML header/footers) or saved as a file. Useful as an email attachment.
- Timeframes the first column, which is gray, contains the timeframe for the sheet. This will vary for the different signup sheets. Some may be by time spans while some may be labeled Period 1, period 2 etc. The timeframe, which also controls which days of the week to be displayed, is created and assigned to individual signup sheets in the Toolbox by a Calendar Admin.
- Main body calendar grid will be displayed by default, as the full month. Change to the week view with the button at the top. The number of days in a week that are displayed is determined by the timeframe that is assigned to the signup sheet.
To reserve a resource click the “+” in the date and for the time period you want to make the reservation. The following window will open.
Reserving a Resource
- Reservation Title this field will populate with the users name unless the settings are changed in the Signup Sheet settings by a Calendar Admin. If your user name does not show you will need to key in a title for the reservation. Required
- Description Write a brief description of the reservation. This is what will show in the printout if the “Include Descriptions” box is checked. Optional
- Building, Signup Sheet and Facility this information is automatically populated via the setup of the signup sheet.
- For automatically populated with the user’s name. If you are making the reservation for another individual you may choose their name from the drop-down list.
- Date populated by the date where you clicked on the “+” sign to create the reservation
- Periods the period of the “+” sign that was chosen will be checked. You may select additional periods. Required
- Recurrence the default is None. If the reservation will reoccur you can select Daily, Weekly or Monthly to enter all the reservation at one time. Using the recurrence option will require you to enter an end date. If the Calendar Admin has set a limit to how far in advance you may reserve the resource your end date will have to be within that restriction.
- Submit click to create the reservation.
Editing or deleting a reservation: click the “+” sign in front of a current reservation to see the screen below.
- Reservation Title - can be changed but not deleted. If the signup sheet was setup to populate this field with the user’s name, that can be changed here to a more descriptive title.
- Description - this can be edited.
- Building, Signup Sheet and Facility - this information is automatically populated via the setup of the signup sheet.
- For- automatically populated with the user’s name. If you are making the reservation for another individual you may choose their name from the drop-down list.
- Date - populated by the date where you clicked on the “+” sign to create the reservation
- Periods - populated by the periods checked when the reservation was made.
- Current Recurrence - if the reservation used the Recurrence feature when the reservation was created, a table of all the recurring reservations will show with check boxes in front of the dates. The boxes that are checked will be reflect the editing changes that have been made when the Save button is clicked. Any unchecked dates will remain unchanged.
- Replace Recurrence - add or edit a recurrence by selecting Daily, Weekly or Monthly and filling in the appropriate information.
- Save - click to make the changes to the reservation(s).
Click on the reservation name to open the window above.
Check the boxes in front of the dates in the Current Recurrence section that should be deleted. Use the Check All link if all instances of the reservation should be deleted. Click the Delete button at the bottom of the window.