A Building Use Calendar can be added to the Main Body of a page and will display events associated with a facility from the Calendar of Events within CMS4Schools. These events can be filtered to display events by facility. The Building Use Calendar tool is often used in conjunction with the Request Building Usage tool which enables users to submit a building use request through your website. These two tools effectively turn your website into a facilities management application.
Here is an overview of the set up:
- Within Calendar Admin, create categories and facilities
- Add a Building Use Calendar to a page
- Add a Request for Building Use form is added to a page
Here is an overview of a request:
- John Doe would like to use one of your district facilities. He goes to your website and checks the Building Use Calendar to see if the facility is available
- If it is, John fills out the Request for Building Use form on your website
- This request generates an email to the person with permission to approve these requests
- The request is either approved or rejected
- If the request is approved, the event is automatically added to the calendar admin making it visible on the building use calendar. Emails will also be sent to the designated email addresses (building custodians, athletic directors, etc.) as well as the person who submitted the request.
- If the request is denied, emails are sent explaining why.
Building Use Calendar Options
- edit: Add/edit/remove tool heading, change tool status to inactive/active, or schedule a status change.
- Move: Change the location of this tool to another page by selecting the desired category and page
- Preview: Opens a new tab to preview the page
- Delete: Deletes the tool from the page
Add Request for Building Use
- Add Tool to this page: Select Request Building Usage from the list
- After: Choose the position of the tool. The default is at the bottom of the page. The first tool added will only have the "Place at top of page" option. When there is more than one tool, select the item you want to add the tool after.
- Select Add to open the Request Building Usage Screen
Request Building Usage Tool Properties
- Enter Email Address(es) of those who should be notified when a user requests building usage
- Enter Email Address(es) of those who should be notified when a request is approved
- Enter Email Address(es) of those who should be notified when a request is rejected
Request Building Usage Form
Once the form is submitted, an email from email@example.com is delivered to the designated email addresses indicating a Request for Building Use has been received.
Approve or Reject a Building Request
Log into CMS4Schools Main Website Admin and locate the page containing the Request for Building Use form and select the Main Body content.
To see the building use requests, click on the Approve/Reject ## Building Use Requests link to open the Request Building Usage - Approve/Reject screen.
- Select a checkbox to either Approve or Deny the request.
- Click on the Event Title to view more information about the event.
- Click on Decision Comments to make a text box available for entering comments.
If the request is approved:
- The event will automatically be added to your Calendar Admin.
- The event will automatically be displayed on your Building Use Calendar letting others know the facility is no longer available.
- An email is generated to those designated in the 2nd box within the Request Building Usage tool informing them of the approved upcoming event.
- An email is generated to the person who submitted the request informing them it has been approved.
If the request is rejected:
- An email is generated to those designated in the 3rd box within the Request Building Usage tool informing them this event has been denied.
- An email is generated to the person who submitted the request informing them it has been denied. We strongly urge you to include the reason for the denial within the Decision Comments area.
Watch the Video