The Calendar of Events tool is a Main Body tool that is used to display events from the Calendar Admin. The Calendar of Events tool can be displayed in calendar or list view and can be set up to display all categories or selected categories.
Access Main Body
In the CMS4Schools Main Website Administration Navigation Builder click on the Main Body content of the page where the Announcements Tool will be displayed.
Note: If no Right Side tools are used, the Main Body will use the full width of the page except for the left side navigation links. When tools are added to the Right Side, all tools in the Main Body will automatically resize to optimally fit the smaller width of the Main Body area.
Add a Calendar of Events
- Add Tool to this page: Select Calendar of Events from the list
- After: Choose the position of the tool. The default is at the bottom of the page. The first tool added will only have the "Place at top of page" option. When there is more than one tool, select the item you want to add the tool after.
- Select Add to open the Announcements Tool
- Default View: Choose either Calendar View or List View (displays one event per row).
- Default Date Range: This will allow you to dictate how many events appear on the screen at one time. Since the Calendar view will always show exactly one month, this only applies to List View.
- Show Month/Year/View Filters: This provides drop down boxes for the user.
- Include RSS Icon / iCal Icon / PDF/Print icon: Choose any or all to display on the web page.
- Include Category Filter in Simple Mode: Allows the user to limit the display to specific categories.
- Show Date Range Filters: List View only.
- Show Begin Time: Calendar View only as it always shows in List View.
- Show Category: Displays the category before the event title.
- Include a Keyword Search: Useful when there are many events listed on the calendar.
- Strike-Through for Cancelled Events: Only available in conjunction with rSchools Today.
- RSS Feed Title: The text users will see on their feed list.
- CMS4Schools Calendar Categories: Check All Categories or Selected Categories and choose which categories you want to display on this calendar of events. You can choose any number of categories. Likewise, the same categories can be displayed on any number of pages.
After selecting Update, the tool will be added to the page.
Calendar of Events Tool Options
- edit: Add/edit/remove tool heading, change tool status to inactive/active, or schedule a status change. See the Edit Calendar of Events Tool section below for more details
- Edit This Calendar’s Properties: This opens the Edit Calendar screen. You can change the categories of announcements that will be displayed, update the text that displays if there are no announcements
- Add/Edit/Delete Calendar Events: Opens the Calendar Admin
- Edit Locations: Opens the Events Location screen in the Calendar Admin
- Edit Categories: Opens the Calendar Categories screen in the Calendar Admin
- Change Position: Change the position of the tool on the current page
- Move: Change the location of this tool to another page by selecting the desired category and page
- Preview: Opens a new tab to preview the page
- Delete: Deletes the tool from the page
Edit Calendar of Events Tool
- Tool Heading: Add a heading to the tool. This field can be left blank for the Main Body, but it is recommended to always have this filled out for the Right Side as it displays as an H3 (Paragraph Heading 3).
- Status: Set the tool to Active, Inactive, or select Schedule a Status Change to show the additional options:
- Status Change Date: Set the date of the change
- Change Status To: designate if you want the page to become active or inactive on the specified date
- Email Notification Address(es): Enter the email addresses to be notified after the status change occurs.
The options designated within the tool will display accordingly.
To print information from this calendar, click on the PDF/Print icons near the top. The following dialog box will display.
Select any or all of the boxes available to include the information on the printout. Depending on the events included in the calendar, these options will vary.
Click Print or Save PDF.
To copy and paste into another application, follow these steps:
- Choose checkbox options, if desired.
- Click Print
- Cancel the dialog box that opens.
- Highlight and copy calendar.