Facebook is an online social networking service, utilized by over one billion active users. This Help Doc will explain how to obtain the URL from your school's Facebook website and display it on your webpage. You must have a Facebook account set up prior to adding it to your webpage.
This tool is available in:
- Primary pages - Main Body & Right Side Bar
- Faculty pages - Main Body & Right Side Bar
All screenshots in this document are from the Primary Web Pages. Faculty pages will be slightly different.
Facebook Link on Right Side Bar
Shown in the above screenshot is the Right Side Bar of a webpage that contains several tools. The Facebook icon/link is created in a Right Side Text/Graphic Tool.
Facebook Link in Main Body
Shown in the above screenshow is the middle section of a webpage containing a linked Facebook icon centered within the page.
The icon may also be displayed on the left or right of the main section of the page.
Adding the Right Side Text/Graphic Tool
Within Navigation Builder, click on Right under the Content column on the page you wish the Facebook icon/link to appear.
Adding the Right Side Text/Graphic Tool (cont.)
- Choose Right Side Text/Graphic from first the drop down menu.
- Determine where on the page you wish it to appear from the second drop down menu.
- Click Add.
Add Graphic and URL to the Tool
- Browse to the Facebook graphic file.
- Paste the URL from the school's Facebook website into the blank
- Choose Opens in New Browser Window or Opens in Existing Browser Window
- Click Submit Right Side Item
Adding the Main Body Text/Graphic Tool
Within Navigation Builder, click Main Body under Content on the page you wish to add the Facebook icon/link
Choose Text/Graphic Editor from the drop down list of available tools (there are fewer tools available on a Faculty page)
Determine where on the page in relation to the other tools you wish it to appear
In above screenshot:
- Browse to the Facebook icon graphic.
- Choose the Justification and Image Width
- Paste the Facebook URL into the Link Graphic To: box.
- Click Add.