The Members Database Opt-In Form is a main website page detail tool that can be used as a way to offer visitors to your website a way to sign up for an automatic weekly calendar updates and/or access to login to a secure page(s). This tool can also be used for alumni to create an account in the district’s Alumni database.
Add tool to the webpage
In your Navigation Builder, add a new page and then add a Text/Graphic Editor to the top of the page explaining what the user will be able to do with their username and password when their request for a login is approved.
Note: Depending on how you are using your Members Database, they will all be able to edit their profile, they may be able to see other members’ email addresses and phone numbers if setup as an alumni database, and they may be able to log into secure pages.
To add the tool:
- Select Members Database Opt-In Form from the Add Tool to this page: drop down list.
- Choose the position of the tool on the page. The default is at the top of the page. The item showing in the drop down list should be the tool that should display directly above the tool being added. The first tool added will only have the "Place at top of page" in the drop down.
- Click the Add button.
Properties of Opt-In Form
- Email Notification Addresses: Enter the email address of the person who will be in charge of approving requests. When a request comes in, emails are sent to both the requester and the approver.
- Select which fields to include on the Opt-In Form.
- CMS4Schools Event Categories to subscribe to: Categories within Calendar Admin allow for Members Database users to subscribe to designated categories. For example, if a new category for Girls' Softball is added, there is a checkbox "Can Subscribe? Yes, allow Members Database members to subscribe to this category." If checked, the calendar category appears on this Opt-In Form giving members the choice to receive a weekly email regarding events tied to this category.
- If your district uses Calendar4Schools, additional choices regarding calendar category access are provided.
- Groups you belong to: Check Yes if you plan to allow the user to decide which groups to join.
- Needs Approval: The last check box in the properties of the tool, if unchecked, will allow public visitors to signup for the database without approval. You would use this option primarily to collect information about the people who request membership. You would have no control over the quality of the data entered into your database. If checked, the request will need approval. See next step.
- Finally click Submit to finalize these choices.
Approve/Reject Submitted Request
The person requesting the login will receive an email when the request is submitted with the subject line “Membership Database Submission.” The email will also provide a link to login and update their profile information once they have been approved. The person whose email address is entered into the top box of the Membership Database Opt-in Form properties will receive a copy of the same email, and if Needs Approval is checked, will know to go to the tool to accept/reject the request.
To approve/reject a request for membership: Via the Navigation Builder go to the Members Database Opt-in Form tool. At the bottom of the tool will be a list of membership requests.
You can Approval All, Reject All, Approve/Reject individual requests, and add a comment to be included with the email notification regarding your decision.
If the request is approved, an email will be sent with the subject line “Membership Approved.”
If the request is denied, an email “Membership Rejected”. If you do reject a person as a member, be sure to use the optional message link to include an explanation as to why their request was denied.