The profiles tool is a Main Body tool that can be used to display profiles for people not in your Users Database or for other creative uses such as featuring a book for "Battle of the Books". This tool can be used any place you would like to display pictures with a description and possibly an email link in a table format.
Note: See the Faculty List from the Faculty Database tool to set up a directory that pulls user information from the Users Database.
Profiles Tool Properties
Choose the Display Layout
- Names Listed on Right, Click to Read More
- All Names and Their Information are Listed
Protect Email by using CAPTCHA to force users to match text to a graphic. We strongly urge you to use this feature as it will help protect email addresses from spammers and email harvesting.
Click Update to add the Profiles tool to the page.
Profile Tool Options
- edit: Add/edit/remove tool heading, change tool status to inactive/active, or schedule a status change. See the Edit Announcements Tool section below for more details
- Add Staff Profile: Select this link to Add a Profile to the tool.
- Edit This Detail's Properties: This opens the Edit Announcements Listing screen. You can change the categories of announcements that will be displayed, update the text that displays if there are no announcements
- Update: Update the profile.
- Delete: Delete the profile.
- Change Position: Change the position of the tool on the current page
- Move: Change the location of this tool to another page by selecting the desired category and page
- Preview: Opens a new tab to preview the page
- Delete: Deletes the tool from the page
Add a Profile
- Position After: Using the drop-down box, you can dictate the order in which your profiles are listed.
- *Name: Enter the full name for this individual.
- Email: Enter the email address for this individual.
- Title: Enter the title for this individual.
- Short Description: This is a large text area that you can use to enter information that relates to this individual. You could use this to list Education, Work Experience or any other desired information. On the user side, this will appear to the right of the staff member’s photo.
- Upload Photo: Click on the browse button and locate the desired photo. The system will automatically resize and optimize the photo.
- Biography: This is a large text area that you can use to enter a biography for this individual. On the user side, this will appear below the short description.
Click on the Add button at the bottom of the page.
Profiles Tool Display
- Email link (CAPTCHA protection)
- Short Description