Displays linked URLs in a drop down list or expand/contract format.
Accessing the Right Side Bar
In the Navigation Builder click on the Right link of the page where the Quick Links Tool will be displayed. If no Right Side tools are used the Main Body will use the full width of the page except for the left side navigation links. When tools are added to the Right Side all tools in the Main Body will automatically re size to optimally fit the smaller width of the Main Body area.
Adding the Quick Links Tool
- Select Quick Links from the Add Tool to Right Side: drop down list.
- Choose the position of the tool on the Right Side. The default is at the top of the page. The item showing in the drop down list should be the tool that should display directly above the tool being added. The first tool added will only have the "Place attop of page" in the drop down.
- Choose whether or not to use a line to separate the individual tools add to the Right Side. See image below this text.
- Click the Add button.
Setting the Properties of the Quick Links Tool
- Type: - Choose the format in which the links should display.
- Title: - Key in a title if the title should be something other than "Quick Links."
- Update - Click the Update button to save the properties.
Adding a Heading, Changing the Display Type and Adding Links
- Click edit to add a tool heading (optional). This is useful if there will be more than one Links tool on a page and also eliminates the need to have a Text/Graphic Editor tool to create the heading. Using the Tool Heading also keeps your heading text style consistent throughout your website. The edit link also has options to make the tool Active or Inactive and to Schedule a Status Change to make the tool go from Active to Inactive or vice versa on a specified data and time.
- To change the format from drop down list to expan/contract or visa vera use the Quick Linls Properties link.
- To add a link to the tool click the Add Link link.
Adding a New Link
- The Position After: drop down list controls the order of the links added to a single Quick Links tool. By default a new link will be added to the top of the list.
- Key in a Link Name:, the title, (required as denoted by the red asterisk) This will be the text that is linked.
- Enter the URL of the website (required) into the Web Address: box. Key in or better yet visit the exact page the link should go to, copy the URL and paste it into the box.
- Choose to have the linked web page open in the existing browser window or in a new one.
- Click the Add button to create the new link.
Understanding the Quick Links Tool's Options
- edit - Enter a tool heading, make tool active/inactive, schedule a status change from active to inactive or vice versa
- Add Link - Continue to use this option to add as many links as are needed
- Quick Links Properties - Change from a drop down list to an expand/contract format or vice versa.
- See the links that have been added to the tool. For each link, see the title of the link, the URL and whether the link will open in a new or existing browser.
- Update - Change any of the information to an existing link that was entered on the Add Link screen.
- Delete - Delete the existing link
- Change Position - Change the order in which the tool appears on the Right Side Bar.
- Move - Change the location of this Links Tool to another page in the main website or to a new page.
- Preview - Preview the page
- Delete - Delete the tool from the Right Side Bar.
Screen Shots of the Quick Links Tool
Tool Heading is "Internet Safety", the Title in the Properties is "Parent Resources" and the tool in in drop down list format.
Tool Heading is "Internet Safety", the Title in the Properties is "Parent Resources" and the tool in expand/contract format with the list contracted.