The Quick Links tool is a right side tool that displays links in either a dropdown list or expand/contract format. When the links are selected, they can open in either the existing window or in a new window.
Quick Links Tool Properties
- Type: Choose the format in which the links should display.
- Title: Enter a title if the title should be something other than "Quick Links."
Select the Update button to save the properties and add the Quick Links tool to the page.
Quick Links Tool Options
Adding a Heading, Changing the Display Type and Adding Links
- edit: Add/edit/remove tool heading, change tool status to inactive/active, or schedule a status change.
- Add Link: Opens the Add Link screen allowing you to add a new link to the tool. See the Add Link section below for more details.
- Quick Link Properties: Opens the Quick Links screen allowing you to update the display type or the title.
- Link/Web Address: Displays the link name and the associated hyperlink. You can select the hyperlink from here to preview the page that will open.
- Opens In: Indicates if the link will open in the Existing Browser Window or in a New Browser Window.
- Update: Opens the Update Link screen, allow you to update all the link properties.
- Delete: Delete the selected link.
- Change Position: Change the position of the tool on the current page
- Move: Change the location of this tool to another page by selecting the desired category and page
- Preview: Opens a new tab to preview the page
- Delete: Deletes the tool from the page
In the Quick Links tool, select Add Link to open the Add Link screen.
- Position After: Choose the location of the link by selecting the link you would like the new link to be placed after. The default is at the bottom of the list. The first tool added will only have the "Place at top" option.
- Link Name: Enter the name of the link. This will be the text that is linked.
- Web Address: Paste in the URL of the page to open when the link is selected.
- Opens In: Choose to have the linked web page open in the existing browser window or in a new one. We recommend opening any external sites in a new browser window.
Add to create the new link.
Quick Links Tool Display
- Dropdown Box Display
- Expand/Contract Link