One of the most useful features of CMS4Schools is its ability to integrate data from rSchools Today. rSchools Today is an athletic scheduling application used by many of our clients. Once this data has been synced, it is available to display in a variety of ways on your website. If your district uses rSchool Today and you have not yet asked up to set up this integration, contact us to get the ball rolling.
This document describes how to set up CMS calendars to display events from rSchools Today.
Choose an rSchools Integration Option
No Charge - rSchools data synced with CMS4Schools nightly or manually update any time
- Once the set up work has been done, calendars will update each night automatically
- Run a manual update at any time to force any recent changes
rSchool annual fee plus a one-time set up charge - Contact rSchools directly and request a quote for their Real-Time Integration
- New events, updates and cancellations will automatically sync with your CMS4Schools calendar shortly after the change is made in rSchools
- Eliminates the second step of logging into your CMS calendar admin and running the manual update if the change needs to display asap
Submit a support ticket via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or our Help Center (https://support.4schools.net), indicating your wish to begin the integration process. Include the name of the your athletic conference.
Accessing Calendar Admin
Once 4Schools support has notified you that your rSchools sync has been set up, sign into CMS4Schools. Along the left navigation menu, click Calendar Admin.
Create a New rSchool Calendar
- Enter the name you wish to assign to this rSchool Calendar. For example, Basketball - HS Boys, or Middle School Events.
- Calendars can be defined by Activities OR by Event Categories. If you use Events by Type in rSchool, set up the calendar by Event Categories. Otherwise, use Activities (most clients use Activities).
- The list of Activities or list of Event Categories in the boxes below comes from your rSchool information. It should look familiar. Move activities OR event categories from the left column to the right column so they will be attached to this calendar. You can include as many as you want.
- Once an activity or event category has been moved to the right side, additional information will likely display within the Levels and Genders sections. Move over items if you wish them to be used as part of this calendar's definition. So if this calendar is only to display varsity basketball, only move varsity to the right leaving the rest on the left. Similarly, if this calendar is only to display girls basketball, move Girls over to the right leaving Boys on the left.
- rSchool calendars need to be matched up with a CMS4Schools Event Category. Select an existing category from the dropdown OR create a new one.
- Click Create rSchool Today Calendar & Import Events.
Note: In the past we recommended leaving all items on the left if the category was to display all, but with our new system, they should all be moved to the right if they are all to be included in this calendar.
After processing, the new rSchool calendar, total events, and CMS4Schools category will display.
Links to edit the calendar are provided under the Assigned to CMS4Schools Category and with the Edit button.
- To manually update rSchools events click the Run a Live Update / Edit Facility Settings button.
- Click Update.
rSchools events have been added to the calendar.
All events imported from rSchool will display two asterisks at the end indicating these events must be edited within your rSchool Today account.
Displaying Events on your Website
Three tools can be used to display calendar events on the website. They are a Calendar of Events tool shown above, a Mini-Calendar and an Upcoming Events tool.
When the website visitor hovers over an event, additional information is displayed. Similarly, clicking on the event displays a pop up window with details including driving directions as shown below.
Clicking on an event displays a popup window as shown above. This one is expanded to show all the map detail.
This improved integration with rSchool Today makes it even easier to capture events and display that information on your website.
Please submit any questions to 4Schools Support:
- Email - email@example.com
- Via our Support Center - https://support.4schools.net
- Call - 920-354-6540