Go to the new CMS4Schools Help Center to view the most up-to-date information about these different areas on your website:
- Announcements Database: The Announcements Database is used to add/edit/delete announcements and announcement categories. Announcements are organized in categories allowing the flexibility of displaying them on a designated web page, i.e. high school athletic events on an Athletics page or middle school events on the Middle School page. In addition, announcements have a beginning and ending date indicating the dates the announcement will display which eliminates the need to manually inactive them.
- Banner Library: Banners are the wide area at the top of your web pages and typically contain graphics and text. The Banner Library is used to hold all the banner graphics that you will be using on your website.
- Calendar Admin: All events are organized within this master calendar and may be displayed on any main website page using the calendar page detail tools; Calendar of Events, Mini Calendar, or Upcoming Events. Feeds from rSchoolToday, Google Calendars, or Schedule Star can be established to include events from any of these applications as well.
- Homework Admin: In the main website admin, the Homework Admin is used to create the “assignment types.” On the faculty side, the Homework Admin is used by faculty to add their classes and assign grade levels to them. The assigned grade levels are important to provide flexibility in displaying assignments on the main website pages as well as allowing faculty to check on the number of “Major” homework assignments already scheduled by other teachers in their building.
- Lunch Menu Admin: The Lunch Menu Admin tool is used to add, update, or delete food menus for your organization. All food menus are administered from this admin tool. The Lunch Menu tool is used to display the menus on a page.
- Members Database: The Members Database is a powerful database that allows you to keep track of contact information for individuals without accounts in your Users Database. It can be used for Alumni, School Board Members, Parents, Students, Volunteers, etc. By using the “Groups” features of the database you can have the Members Database serve multiple uses. This database Includes the ability to assign each member a username and password to access secure pages on your website, and the ability to send out mass emails to all or parts of your database. This database is integrated with the Calendar of Events tool which allows you to send emails with updates on events in your calendar.
- My File Uploads: The File Uploads module is used to upload and hold Website files that you cannot upload through page detail tools such as the Resource/News, Photo Gallery, Text/Graphic Editor and so on.
- Scholarships: The Scholarship Database is designed for high school guidance offices as a place to store all relevant information and forms for each scholarship offered in the district. Scholarships are categorized allowing flexibility for displaying them on a designated page i.e. Math, Science, Art, etc. When paired with the main body Scholarships tool, it creates a web resource for students and parents.
- Video Library: The Video Library connects to Eduvision and allows you to upload videos to Eduvision through your website admin as well as displaying any Eduvision videos on your site using the Embed Audio/Video Tool.
- Website Statistics: It is easy to see statistics about every page, including your mobile site, using a Google Analytics account. Visit the Google Analytics Benefits page to learn more about what Google Analytics.
- Site Search: Adding a Site Search to your website allows visitors to quickly locate information. This article will go through the process of how to add a Custom Google Search to your website.
- Announcements Tool: The Announcements tool is a Main Body and Right Side tool that displays all or selected categories of the announcements added to the Announcements Database. All announcements are stored in Announcements Database and displayed on the website using the Announcements Tool.
- Bulletin Board/Forum/Blog: The Bulletin Board/Forum/Blog tool is a Main body tool that is often used by districts and individual teachers as a way to gather information and ideas from parents, students, and anyone who visits their website.
- Building Use Calendar: A Building Use Calendar can be added to the Main Body of a page and will display events associated with a facility from the Calendar of Events within CMS4Schools. These events can be filtered to display events by facility. The Building Use Calendar tool is often used in conjunction with the Request Building Usage tool which enables users to submit a building use request through your website.
- Calendar of Events: The Calendar of Events tool is a Main Body tool that is used to display events from the Calendar Admin. The Calendar of Events tool can be displayed in calendar or list view and can be set up to display all categories or selected categories.
- Embed Audio/Video: The Embed Audio/Video tool is a Main Body tool designed to work in conjunction with video services such as Eduvision, TeacherTube, YouTube, or SchoolTube to embed information on a page.
- Expand/Collapse Content: The Expand/Collapse tool is a Main Body tool that is designed to provide display content with the option of expanding to show additional information. For example, this could be used for a FAQ or Question and Answer page.
- Faculty List from Faculty Database: The Faculty List from Faculty Database tool can be used to display a staff directory on your school’s website. This tool pulls the directory information from the Users Database. When a new user is added, they can automatically be displayed in the staff directory. Within the Users Database, groups can be created and faculty/staff can be assigned to them. Each faculty member can belong to any number of groups. This allows him or her to maintain a single website and yet appear in multiple areas on the school website. A few sample groups are; elementary staff, high school teachers, and bus drivers just to name a few.
- Homework Listing: In the main website admin, the Homework Admin is used to create the “assignment types.” On the faculty side, the Homework Admin is used by the teacher. They add their classes and assign grade levels to them. The assigned grade levels are important to provide flexibility in displaying assignments on the main website pages as well as allowing the teacher to check on the number of “Major” homework assignments already scheduled by other teachers in their building.
- Interactive Forms: The Interactive Forms tool is a Main Body tool that can be added to any main or faculty page. This tool allows you to build and maintain online forms such as questionnaires, surveys, polls, etc. All responses will be captured in a database. This tool also includes summary reporting tools as well as downloading capabilities.
- Links: The Links tool is a Main Body tool that will display hyperlinks in a formatted list. An image and/or description can be displayed with each link.
- Lunch Menu: The Lunch Menu tool is a Main Body tool that will display the desired categories from the Lunch Menu Admin in either calendar view or in list view.
- Members Database Opt-In Form: The Members Database Opt-In Form tool is a Main body tool that can be used as a way to offer visitors to your website a way to sign up for automatic weekly calendar updates and/or access to login to a secure page(s). This tool can also be used for alumni to create an account in the district’s Alumni database.
- Members Directory: The Members Directory is a Main Body tool that is used to display members in the Members Database. This tool can be used to create a secure page with User Side Security that member groups such as Alumni can keep in contact with other members.
- Mini Calendar: The Mini Calendar Tool is Right Side tool that pulls events from the Calendar Admin, displaying all or selected calendar categories in a monthly or list view.
- Photo Gallery: The Photo Gallery tool is a Main Body tool that allows you to display photos of students, projects, etc. There are four different options when choosing how they are to be displayed. When uploading these pictures, the system will automatically resize and optimize the pictures for you if you designate the height and width within the tool. Each of your pictures can contain a photo title, album overview, photo description and full album description to provide further details.
- Profiles: The profiles tool is a Main Body tool that can be used to display profiles for people not in your Users Database or for other creative uses such as featuring a book for "Battle of the Books". This tool can be used in any place you would like to display pictures with a description and possibly an email link in a table format.
- Quick Links: The Quick Links tool is a right side tool that displays links in either a dropdown list or expand/contract format. When the links are selected, they can open in either the existing window or in a new window.
- Request for Building Use Tool: The Request Building Usage tool enables users to submit a building use request through your website.
- Resource/News: The Resouce/News tool a Main Body and Right Side tool that can be used to create a set of resource links made up of a combination of website links or uploaded files. The advantage to using this tool is the ability to browse directly to the files for upload. There is no need to add the file to the File Uploads thereby saving several steps.
- Scholarships: The Scholarships Tool displays all or selected categories of the scholarships added to the Scholarships Database. All scholarships are stored in the Scholarships Database and displayed on the website using the Scholarships Tool. The Scholarships Tool can be added to the Main Body of a page.
- Site Map: The Site Map tool is a Main Body tool that can be used to display links to other pages in the section. For example, if you have a level 1 page that is empty because all the content really belongs on the level 2 and 3 pages you could use the Site Map tool to display the level 2 and 3 links on the level 1 page.
- Slide Show: The Slide Show tool is a Main Body and Right Side tool that can be used to display a selection of photos.
- Text/Graphic Editor: The Text/Graphic Editor tool is a Main Body and Right Side tool that allows you to add text, links, bulleted lists, horizontal lines, tables, graphics, and widgets.
- Translator Widget: The Translator Widget is a right side tool used to add a Google or Microsoft translator widget to any page.
- Upcoming Events: The Upcoming Events tool is a Right Side tool that pulls events from all or selected calendar categories the Calendar Admin. Its best feature is the ability to display events from today and a selected number of days into the future.
- Registration: The Registration Tool is designed to allow users to register for events from your website.
- Shopping Cart: The Admin will be able to control the properties of the cart; add products and categories; view, delete and archive orders. The Shopping Cart tool is a Main Body tool that is used display products and allows visitors to submit orders.