All events are organized within the My Calendar Admin and may be displayed on any page using the calendar page detail tools; Calendar of Events, Mini Calendar, or Upcoming Events. While the Calendar Admin has many features available, the only thing that is required before adding/creating events it to add categories.
Access My Calendar Admin
Within the Faculty Pages Administration window, click on My Calendar Admin in the left side menu.
My Calendar Admin Main Screen
- and category allows for quick filtering capabilities.
- Edit Locations: Once locations are added, driving directions to these locations will be included with any attached events.
- Edit Categories: Categories are used to organize events. You control which events are displayed on a page’s calendar tool by selecting which categories to display within the tool.
For each event with a location, driving directions to the location’s address will be included.
From the My Calendar Admin, click Edit Locations to open the Event Locations screen.
Event locations created for the main website will appear in the Event Locations screen. Contact your website admin before adding/deleting locations.
In the Event Locations screen, select Add Location to open the Add Calendar Location screen.
Fill in the fields and click Add. The event will now be displayed under Event Locations.
Note: This event will be available for the main website admin and all other faculty members.
Each event is required to be assigned to a category. Events will be displayed on different pages within your faculty website based on their category.
Add Categories (required)
From the My Calendar Admin page, click Edit Categories to open the Calendar Categories screen.
Click Add Category and the Add Calendar Category screen opens.
- Category Name: Enter the name of the category. Example names include Field Trips, Extracurricular, or Band Concerts.
- Custom Font Color (optional): Choose a custom font color by entering the 6-character hexadecimal code. Click the View Hexadecimal Colors link to identify the hexadecimal code for the desired color.
- Description on Admin Side: Select "Yes, show the description when the event title is empty" or "No, do not show the description when the event title is empty. Instead, just show the category name."
Update, Delete, or Import Categories
- Update: Opens the Update Calendar Category, where all options seen in Add Calendar Category screen can be updated.
- Delete: Deletes the category and all events that are attached to it.
- Import: Opens the Import Events screen where events can be imported via a tab delimited .txt file. This screen contains the requirements and specifications for importing events.
From the Calendar Categories screen, select Import to open the Import Events screen for the category.
- Outlines the requirements for file type and placement of date to complete the import.
- Choose File: Select the .txt file to import
Click Import Events to complete the import.
Add an Event
Click on the date number that you would like to add an event to and a New Event screen will open for the selected date.
- Event Title: This is the text that will appear on the calendar describing the event. It is recommended that you enter an Event Title. If left blank, the event description will appear as the title.
- *Category: Choose the desired from the dropdown list. This will be your only means of organizing all your events; therefore, we strongly recommend that you have these categories set up prior to adding events to your calendar.
- *Date: The date will pre-populate based on the date selected from the calendar admin, but you may enter a different date if desired.
- Date description: This field is used only if additional information is necessary.
- Begin and End Times: Enter the time the event will begin. If known, enter the time the event will end.
- Description: Use this field to provide further clarification for an event. For example, you can enter the main contact for the event with an email address. To view this description, Website users will need to click on the event on the calendar.
- Location: Choose the appropriate location for this event from the drop-down box. If the location does not appear in the drop-down, you can click on the New Location button to add the new location to the database. By selecting a location, users will be able to click on a link to open driving directions to this location.
- Extra Location Text: This text area could be used to enter written directions to an event or to include specific location information, For example, please enter through the main entrance or north side gym doors.
- Attachments: Documents that provide additional event information may be attached to this event. You can click on the Add Another Attachment link if you need to add more than one attachment.
- Links: URLs may be attached to this event. You can click on the Add Another Link option if you need to add more than one URL.
- Recurrence: Each radio button (except None) when chosen will display options for the recurrence.
- Allow to RSVP: Check this box if you want your Web site users to be able to email an RSVP for this event. If you check this box, you will be asked to enter an email address where these RSVPs will be sent.
When all the desired information have been entered, click the Submit New Event button at the bottom of the page. The event will populate on the Calendar Admin.
Update an Event
Within My Calendar Admin, click on the event on the calendar that you want to update. This will bring up the Update Event screen for this event. You can then make any desired modifications to the information for this event. If this is a recurring event, you will need to check the boxes next to the events that this change needs to apply to. Click the Update Event button at the bottom of the page to save the changes.