In order for your CMS4Schools website to work and adjust to changes that happen within the CMS4Schools hosting environment, you must have properly configured DNS settings for your www.schoolwebsite.com and schoolwebsite.com addresses. CMS4Schools makes use of the following DNS record types for each of these example addresses where schoolwebsite.com is your website domain name.
- schoolwebsite.com (A record)
- www.schoolwebsite.com (CNAME)
The A record and CNAME values are assigned to you by CMS4Schools. Please contact us if you need these values.
To work with your public DNS records, contact the technical contact for your domain name. If you have access to a web-based control panel to make these changes, you can visit that control panel and get your website set up for CMS4Schools. Otherwise, you may need to contact your DNS host. If you don't know who this is, please let us know and we likely will be able to guide you in the right direction.
Directions to common DNS hosting providers are available below.
- Bluehost (How to Edit A and CNAME Records)
- Cloudflare (How to Edit A and CNAME Records)
- Go Daddy (A Record | CNAME)
- IONOS by 1&1 (A Record | CNAME)
- Network Solutions (A Record | CNAME)
- Register.com (A Record | CNAME)
- Site5 (How to Edit A and CNAME Records)
- Spectrum Business (How to Edit A and CNAME Records)
- Hover (A Record | CNAME)
Also, view our help article on making changes to A and CNAME records on your internal primary domain controller.