Import Students can be used to add new students, and/or to update students. If students already exist, the Export feature can be used to create a spreadsheet with the proper headers and student information. You can then edit the information and use the updated information as an import file. See the Export Students article for more information about exporting students. There is also a Students Import Template that you can use as a starting point to create an import file for your student information.
*Indicates a required field
- *Column A - Student Management System ID
- *Column B - First Name
- *Column C - Last Name
- *Column D - Email
- *Column E - Birthdate
- *Column F - Gender: Enter M for Male or F for Femail
- Column G - School: Possible Values include any school listed in your Schools Database.
Note: if you leave this blank and the grade given below belongs to only 1 school, then that school will automatically get assigned appropriately.
- *Column H - Grade: Possible Values: PK, K4, K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, or 12
- Column I - Student Group(s): This field is a comma separated list of groups. If the Group doesn't exist when the import is done, then a new Group will be created.
- Column J - Classroom Teacher: Enter any "External Student Info System ID" from the Users Database.
- Column K - PE Teacher: Enter any "External Student Info System ID" from the Users Database.
- Column L - WSLN #
- Column M - Active: Enter a 1, Y, or Yes for yes.
- Column N - Race: Possible Values are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7.
1=Hispanic, 2=American Indian, 3=Asian, 4=Black, 5=Native Hawaiian, 6=White, 7=2 or more races.
- Column O - Special Ed: Enter a 1, Y, or Yes for yes.
- Column P - Password: Password must be at least 6 characters.
- *Column Q: - Filler: MUST contain an "x" for every row to be imported.